Institute for Environmental Education

Home  Home  No Here

  • Login

    already signed up online?    re-enter your portal here.



  • Signup

    IEE clients...    in order to preserve your registration history sign up here with your ID number.

    Student - IEE

    Company - IEE

    NEW clients...if you have never used our services before    sign up here with no obligation.

    Student - NEW

    Company - NEW

  • Shopping Cart


    There are 0 items in your shopping cart.

  • Style It

You've been inactive for a while. For your security, we'll automatically log you off in seconds unless you click "Stay Online" to continue.

OR you may click "Log Off" now if you're done.

Job Placement AssistanceLicensing Info

Job Placement Assistance

Due to the fact we provide training for many environmental, and occupational health and safety oriented companies, IEE maintains strong ties with business and industrial communities of northern New England.  These companies often use IEE to post openings in their organizations, because they know first-hand the high quality of training the Institute provides.

Job placement assistance is available only to students who are unemployed and pay for their own training courses.  We will let these student know of job openings that we are aware of in their field.  While every effort is made to assist qualified students with their job search, we cannot guarantee initial employment, rates of pay, or length of employment.

Students should be aware of the following limitations and standards in the environmental fields:

  • Most states require that participants be at least 18 years of age in order to work or be licensed in the environmental fields.
  • Participants who wish to attend abatement/worker courses should have at a minimum, grade seven reading and mathematics equivalency.
  • OSHA requires that employees pass an occupational medical examination (conducted by a licensed physician) to work in the environmental fields.   The medical exams may include (depending on the field) a chest x-ray, pulmonary function test, medical and work history, blood lead monitoring, and a general physical examination.
  • Workers should be prepared to wear a respirator and disposable protective clothing.   Environmental abatement activities are labor intensive and participants might work in a construction environment.  Consultants might find that work can be strenuous, although typically not as labor intensive as that for abatement workers.  Generally, being able to climb a ladder and lifting up to 50 pounds is necessary to work in the field.


Course participants may be eligible to apply for various state licensing or certification depending on applicable training obtained, college education, and/or field experience.  Massachusetts and New Hampshire specify requirements for all persons who work on asbestos and lead paint/deleading projects

IEE's knowledgeable staff can assist you to navigate through the many asbestos disciplines and the roles and responsibilities of each.  Please note that it is always the student's responsibility to contact the applicable state agency directly to verify that they meet state specific requirements for certification/licensing.

License/Certification MA Fees NH Fees
Asbestos Worker$75$50
Asbestos Supervisor$225$2000
Asbestos Contractor$2,050$1000/750
Asbestos Disposal Site WorkerN/A$50
Asbestos Disposal Site ContractorN/A$250
Asbestos Inspector$625$200
Asbestos Inspector/Management Planner$625$250
Asbestos Project Designer$625$200
Asbestos Project Monitor$625N/A
Deleader/Lead Abatement Worker$50$75
Deleader/Lead Abatement Supervisor$150$125
Deleader/Lead Abatement Contractor$575$300
Lead Safe Renovator Contractor$375EPA
Lead Inspector$325$100
Lead Risk Assessorincluded$250


Academic Policies

Grading System

Our grading system is based on written examinations at the completion of each course.  Students are given examinations typically composed of multiple choice questions.  This is the federal and state mandated type of examination for asbestos and lead training courses.  When required by federal and state agencies, students must receive a 70% or better on the final exam to successfully pass each course.  Written grade letters are provided upon requested to all enrolled students at the conclusion of each class.  We maintain permanent academic records (transcripts) of all students in our facility.

Course Repeat

If a student fails to achieve a 70% or better on the final examination of a course, they are entitled to retake the exam two times within 7 calendar days from course completion.  Should the student not pass that exam after three (3) attempts, they must repeat the course. No tuition fees will be charged for repeating the course as long as it is taken the next time it is offered.

Release of Student Records - General

General Policy:

IEE complies with the requirements of the Family Educational Right and Privacy Act of 1974 for the release of student educational records, which may contain student's files, placement records, and financial aid records.  The school must permit the student to examine their records within 45 days of a written request by the student.  The school will also permit the student to obtain a copy of such records for a fee, provided all financial obligations have been met.

It is the Institute's policy to withhold all reports, transcripts, certificates and/or references for students whose financial obligations have not been met satisfactorily.

A student may request that the school amend their record on the grounds that the records are inaccurate, misleading, or in violation of the student's right to privacy.  If the school refuses to amend the records, the student may, after complying with the Student Complaint/Grievance Procedure, request a hearing.  If the outcome of a hearing is unsatisfactory, the student may submit an explanatory statement for inclusion in their records. A student has the right to file a complaint with the Family Policy Compliance, U.S. Department of Education, Washington, D.C. 20202-4605, concerning the school's alleged failure to comply with the Act.

Release of Records - Authorizations

The only persons authorized to release student records are the School Director, the Director of Training, and the Registrar. Copies of academic records will be released, with applicable fees charged to the student, to the following groups during normal business hours and upon reasonable request:

  • The student;
  • The student's parent if the student is less than 18 (i.e. any parent who claims a student as a dependent for income tax purposes.);
  • Any person or organization so authorized in writing by the student;

Access Without Consent

The school may release a student's educational records without written consent of the student to:

  • Representatives of any organization providing financial aid or paying tuition for the student;
  • An organization to which the student has applied for financial aid;
  • Private Industry Council representatives for their funded student;
  • Representatives of the Department Veterans Affairs for VA;
  • Any potential employer unless the student has requested otherwise in writing;
  • State and lcoal authorities where required;
  • Accrediting commissions;
  • Courts in compliance with a court order or subpoena, provided that the school reasonably attempts to notify the student prior to compliance;
  • Appropriate persons or agencies in the event of a health or safety emergency, where such release without consent is deemed necessary by the school under the circumstances;
  • Alleged victims of any crime of violence with respect to the results of any disciplinary proceedings conducted by the school against the student regarding the crime;

Release Exemptions

The following records are exempt from the Act:

  • Financial records of the student's parents;
  • Confidential letters and recommendations relating to admissions, employment or honors to which the student has waived his/her right to inspect;
  • Records about students made by administrators, advisors or instructors, which are maintained by, and accessible only to those individuals;
  • Records compiled or maintained by physicians, psychiatrists, psychologists or other recognized professionals acting or assisting in such capacities for treatment purposes, and which are available only to persons providing the treatment;
  • Records that only contain information about an individual after he or she is no longer a student at the school.